Swanpool Rural School originally opened in 1871, and like Violet Town was renamed Swanpool State School in 1873.
Like most rural towns, the school quickly became the hub of the community. The Swanpool and District Combined State Schools Athletic Association as created, allowing the children to get together with others in the district for combined sports days.
In February 1893, the school came close to being destroyed by fire. The building was only spared due to the strenuous efforts of the 160 who fought to save it. The fire went on to eventually burn over 3000 acres.
The existing school, on its current site was opened in 1961. Before this the school was originally located about 2 kilometres south of the township.
Other schools in the district inlcuded:
Swanpool – Campus information
Midland Highway, Swanpool
Phone 57 682392
Campus Manager: Kate Hand
Campus email: firstname.lastname@example.org