Teaching and Learning at Peranbin
LITERACY AND NUMERACY
- The Victorian Curriculum guides teaching and learning at Peranbin.
- For Literacy our students study Reading and Viewing, Writing, Spelling and Speaking and Listening each day
- In Mathematics students learn about Number and Algebra, Measurement and Geometry and Statistics and Probability.
- Students use a range of devices to support their learning in the classroom.
- These include: iPads, desktop Windows computers, notebook computers, digital cameras and Interactive Whiteboards
- Students also have access to the DET Edustar collection of software to support their learning across literacy, mathematics and numeracy, art and design and a host of other reference tools
- Students children learn about history, geography, economics and science through theme work.
- Check out our Theme Unit Planner here PPC 3 Year Theme Planner 2018 – 2020 with literacy
- In addition, all Peranbin have classes in the Arts, Health and Physical Education and Music.
- The rural library service, MARC, delivers lessons in literature and library once a fortnight at each campus.