Baddaginnie Campus was opened in 1875. The school was originally located in a small disused bake-house. A new school building was erected in 1883. This site eventually proved to be problematic as it was next door to the hotel and it was considered that the children would witness some form of “impropriety”. They were also experiencing problems with stray goats and cattle, carts and wagons and the odd vagrant! In 1892, a disused school was transported from Glenrowan for use and was eventually resited in 1908 to a bigger block. The school was extensively remodelled in 1920, which included the digging of a much needed well – although they would have to wait until 1970 to finally get the much requested pump.
Other schools to open in the district included: